An easy way to draw unwanted attention to a vacant home is to post your whereabouts on social media. Sure, it’s fun to share your favorite photos while vacationing in far away destinations, but if word gets out your residence is deserted, you don’t want your abode to fall victim to a break-in.
Here are a few safer ways to interact online so your home does not become a target for criminals during vacation:
- Ask for restaurant and activity recommendations in advance.
- Do not post the dates of your trip.
- Avoid daily status updates and destination check-ins.
- If traveling with family or friends, make sure everyone understands that you’d like to keep your current travel plans on the down low while you’re away from home.
- You can still enjoy sharing fun photos of your trip, but it’s best to wait until you’ve returned home, safe and sound.
If you’re worried about keeping your home safe while on vacation, contact us for a no-hassle consultation on camera, monitoring, or other add-on products and services.