Be smart. Be aware.
The Electronic Security Association (ESA) advises homeowners to be careful consumers. The ESA says that, of the 14,000 security companies in the United States, only a handful sell door-to-door.
For your home and family’s protection, the next time a door-to-door salesman knocks at your door, remember… some represent legitimate, local security system providers. However, most could be called “con artists” who rely on high-pressure sales tactics and a string of halftruths or outright lies to make a sale.
BEFORE YOU SIGN ANYTHING…
- Have them present a photo ID card and a business card.
- Ask to see equipment brochures and request a written sales proposal.
- Give yourself a day or so to read the contract instead of allowing the salesperson to tell you what it says.
- Do careful research of reputable, local suppliers.
- Ask friends and family for their recommendations.
- Call the attorney general’s office or Better Business Bureau to learn if there are any complaints against the company.
DON’T MAKE A QUICK, FRONT DOOR DECISION TO BUY A BARGAIN-PRICED ALARM SYSTEM.
If you have concerns or questions about your system, check with us first. We offer state-of-the-art security system upgrades as technology changes or you want to expand. Reach out today and let us help!
Beware of High-Pressure Sales Tactics
Warning you that police won’t respond to older security systems.
Police, fire, and ambulance services all respond in the same way, regardless of the age of your system.
Offering free upgrades to your
While upgrading, they will most likely “discover” some major problem, requiring you to purchase a new system.
Pressuring you to make an immediate decision.
Reputable companies encourage you to take the time to carefully research your decision.
“Acadiana Security responds quickly to requests and always works hard to resolve issues. They stand by their word and don’t try to nickel and dime you to death. I have been with Acadiana Security for 15 years and do not have one complaint with their service. Wish other products/companies had more of the same quality. Thanks for your service.”
Marty Boyd, Technician